It is that time of year again! We at ESC would like to thank you for another great year and would like to wish you and your families a very safe and happy holiday season!
Please find below links to our holiday operating hours as well as our Year End Memo containing helpful information to ensure your requests are processed efficiently during this busy season.
ESC 2016/17 Holiday Operating Hours
- December 23rd, 2016: Our office will close at 12:00 pm. All online services remain available as per regular service times.
- Ministry Document Filings: Filings must be received by ESC no later than 11:00 am for filings that must be dated December 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th.
- December 26th & 27th: Our office will be closed. Order requests will remain in queue for the majority of Government services to be processed on the next available business day.
- December 30th: Our office will close at 3:00 pm. All online services remain available as per regular service times.
- Ministry Document Filings: Filings must be received by ESC no later than 2:00 pm for filings that must be dated December 31st, January 1st and 2nd.
- January 2nd, 2017: Our office will be closed. Order requests will remain in queue for the majority of Governmental services to be processed on the next available business day.
- January 3, 2017: Regular business hours resumes. Open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Though every effort will be made to ensure that all transactions, filings and services are completed in at timely manner, some matters may not be completed due to restrictions at the various government offices. We encourage you to contact one of our Customer Service Representatives @ 1.800.668.8208 for any urgent or time sensitive requests or for Provincial specific service availability.
ESC 2016/17 Year End Notification
It’s that time of the year once again.
To ensure your requests are processed efficiently during this busy season we’ve provided some helpful tips to help you remember to:
- POST-DATE your Ontario Articles (available for up to 30 days in advance)
- Use CURRENT DATE on Page 2 and on Schedules ‘A’ and ‘B’ of the Articles of Amalgamation
- CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE EFFECTIVE DATE of the Articles and any specific instructions in your cover letter
- AVOID THESE COMMON DEFICIENCIES:
- grid-lines where name of corporation is provided are faded or characters not entered correctly within grid-lines
- improper fee amount ($330 for Amalgamations; $360 for Incorporations; $150 for Amendments; $25 for Dissolution; $330 for Revival)
- cheques must be payable to the Minister of Finance and must have a pre-printed name and address (i.e. temporary cheques are not acceptable)
- use of liquid paper is unacceptable
- pagination problems (if adding pages, please label them correctly – i.e. do not change Ministry page numbers)
- outdated forms
- PROVIDE SPECIAL NOTICES AND FEES with an initial return for FORM 15 – Articles of Revival
- REQUEST A 9:00 AM DELIVERY to ensure a speedy filing for documents you send to us
- NOTE OUR ADDRESS – 445 King Street West 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1K4
- OFFICE HOURS – For filings with effective dates on early office closure days (December 23rd and 30th) ensure your filings are received a minimum of one (1) hour prior to closing. For filings to be dated and effective for December 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 31st or January 1st or 2nd your filing MUST be postdated and received on a previous business day.
If you have any questions regarding the above-referenced points or general questions relating to your planning around this year end, please feel free to contact us at 1.800.668.8208/416.595.7177 option 3.
From all of us at ESC – have a Wonderful Holiday Season!Return to archives