Corporate Services Clerk – Doc Filing
About the position:
We are looking for a Law Clerk to join our Toronto Legal Operations team with the key focus of this role being Document Filing. This position will report to the Team Lead, Legal Operations in Toronto.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing and filing (electronically and manually) Articles of Incorporation, Business Style Names, PPSA’s in accordance with customer service agreements.
- Conducting and coordinating the fulfillment of our corporate service offerings in various jurisdictions and provide procedural information as requested.
- Providing assistance to clients related to ordering searches including securities, PPSA, NOSI, corporate searches, document filing and NUANS requests
- Conducting preliminary Nuans searches and provide client with accurate and proper reporting procedures for the suitability of the proposed name.
- Conducting corporate and due diligence searches Province Wide and provide client with accurate and proper reporting procedures.
- Promoting Corporate supplies/services in support of sales objectives and product development initiatives and representing ESC at tradeshows and conferences, as required.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
- Law Clerk Diploma or equivalent education plus 1-2 years of experience working in an office or legal environment.
- Knowledge of the legal sector workflow.
- Experience with provincial registries and applicable rules and requirements would be an asset.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.”
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6, 2020. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.